The Groose cycle. That’s him in a nutshell! Made it in 2 small days. Animating smaller loops is more fun than bigger projects.
The .gif version has ugly colours, so check my clean version : here : !
Wow! This is great! :D Really impressive inbetweens and the expression changes are perfect!! :D Lovely work on this! <3
Yuke Yuke!! Trouble Makers VS. Mischief Makers, 1997
I have fond memories of this one, if only because Jakface was into it when I first met her. XD
And then Mischief Makers showed up on my dash.
And then I died.
~~XENOBLADE: NAKED EDITION~~
Guys when I say I’m bored, I really fucking mean it.
SHAKE IT RIKI
Apotheosis on repeat.
Oh my god. I actually cried at how beautiful this was.
Catherine – Summer Squash Pasta (Catherine)
Peppy, seductive and somewhat complicated, Catherine is Vincent’s dream girl and she’s thrown his life upside-down. I’m exactly half way through the game at the moment, and I’m rather confused about who Catherine is and what her intentions are. I’m trying to dissuade her; being polite but firm. Though Vincent’s exclamations when ogling a revealing text while sitting on the toilet make it very hard to resist… Not that I think Katherine is the better choice - I just want him to escape from both of them if he can! I’ve chosen the Summer Squash Pasta for Catherine because it’s the only dish that’s related to her in the game, when she orders it from Chrono Rabbit. Maybe it’s the source of her charms.
This recipe serves 3 – 4 people.
What you will need: A large pot, a large pan, a baking tray and a strainer.
350g / 3 ½ Cups Penne Pasta
1 Medium Squash (Any yellow variety will do)
Salt & Pepper
1 Large Garlic Clove (Finely Chopped)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
½ Teaspoon Dried Red Chillies
100g / 1 Cup Courgette/Zucchini (Diced)
100g / 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
250ml / 1 Cup Water
½ Teaspoon Dried Basil
Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
Making the Summer Squash Pasta:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F. Cut the squash in half and remove any seeds. Cover it with butter and season to taste with a salt and pepper. Bake the squash until it’s soft when poked with a knife. Depending on it’s size, this can take from 25-45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the squash from the oven and allow it to cool. Once cool, scoop out the flesh, purée it and set aside for later.
- Warm a large pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil. Fry the garlic and dried chillies for about a minute then add the diced courgette/zucchini and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Fry the courgette/zucchini and tomatoes until they begin to soften. Once soft, add the squash purée and slowly add the water to loosen the sauce, you might not need all of it. Reduce the temperature to low, sprinkle in some basil and season the sauce to taste.
- Boil the penne pasta in a large pot as per the directions on the packet. When the pasta is ready, strain it and add it directly to the sauce in the pan. Mix it well so the pasta is well coated then serve with freshly chopped coriander, parsley and grated parmesan if desired.
Unfortunately there’s no comparison image for the Summer Squash Pasta as it’s never actually revealed in the game. The only instance of it is when Catherine arrives at Chrono Rabbit and is pretty excited that it’s still on their menu. I was actually pleasantly surprised by this dish; I like squash, but it wasn’t until I researched the idea of ‘summer squash’ that I discovered that the humble courgette, or zucchini, was to be one of my main ingredients. The sauce is incredibly light but rather creamy and the chillies add a wonderful warmth at the end. You could easily enjoy this dish hot or cold, so it’s a perfect transitional meal between winter and summer. Or girlfriends.
Love Catherine? You might also enjoy the Catherine - Pepperoni Pizza.
Currently making this for dinner. I love this blog. <3
Silent Hill – Butter Cake
I’m pretty excited about this week’s Gourmet Gaming because I happen to be a huge Silent Hill fan. When I was about 10 I was given a ‘cracked’ import version of the game from Thailand as a holiday present from one of my mom’s friends.
The entire game was in black in white.
That’s what you get for buying duff versions of games, kids. Silent Hill was, needless to say, shelved after a few nightmares. I then returned several years later and managed to complete Silent Hill 2, which led to my great obsession with the series. Butter Cake appears to be one of only a few foods available in Silent Hill. Is it perhaps the source of all evil? There’s only one way to find out…
What you will need: An 8-inch spring-form cake tin, a sieve, a large mixing bowl and greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
This recipe serves 10-12.
200g / 1 Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
300g / 1½ Cups Light Brown Caster/Superfine Sugar
4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
380g / 3 Cups Plain Flour
2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
240ml / 1 Cup Milk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Tablespoons Sugar
Making the Butter Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 165C/325F. Lightly grease and line the cake tin. Dust the greased tin with a sprinkling of flour then set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and sugar. Beat for about 5 minutes, until it’s pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well combined. In a separate bowl, sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding the milk and the flour a little at a time into the cake mixture. First add some flour, mix, then add some milk, mix again and continue until all the milk and flour has been added, ending with adding flour. This technique is important to make sure the cake has the right texture.
- Finally, add the vanilla extract and stir well once again. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and place in the middle of the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes.
- Once firm and golden, remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool.
Preparing the Garnish:
- Add the butter and sugar to a small saucepan and allow to melt. Don’t let it boil!
- Once warmed through, and with the cake fresh from the oven, brush the butter over the top of the cake and leave to cool completely before removing from the tin and serving.
Definitely the source of all evil. Including heart attacks and childhood diabetes. If this is what Pyramid Head has been eating all this time, I’m not sure how he’s so buff. Maybe Silent Hill is just an illusion caused by a build up of Butter Cake on the brain. That seems more reasonable than most of the theories floating around some forums. The Butter Cake is an unusual dense sweetness that I’d serve with a dusting of icing sugar, cream, ice-cream or fruits. Just don’t eat too much or you’ll never be able to escape!
Like this? You might also enjoy the Minecraft - Cake.
I just made this tonight. PARENTS APPROVE. I APPROVE. BUTTER IS APPROVED!!!!!!! <3
Request: Deadly Premonition (Red Seeds Profile) - Thomas’ Biscuit
I had to hold off on doing this recipe so there would be enough of a gap between the infamous Sinner’s Sandwich and this second offering from the amazing Deadly Premonition, so it’s really exciting that I’m finally getting to make it! Thomas’ Biscuit is cited by Francis York Morgan as having the perfect balance of milk and butter and apparently you can tell the extra love and care that Thomas puts into them. They’re incredibly scarce in the game, you only ever have a couple in your possession not counting the one that appears in a cut-scene, but they do restore all of your fatigue and health - they’re just that awesome. The fact they’re called “biscuits” confuses my European brain as I know that as something flat and crumbly not tall and cake-like as it appears on the illusive in-game trading card. But this is middle America… a logging town… (sounding familiar?) so of course it’s an American style biscuit which is remarkably similar to a British scone. I’ve decided to make a slightly sweeter and lighter version that will hopefully live up to Thomas’ recipe.
What you will need:
Greaseproof/baking paper, baking tray, large bowl, sieve, rolling pin, a medium and small round cookie cutter, small bowl.
325g Plain Flour
2 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
30g Golden Caster Sugar
120g Cold Butter
1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with greaseproof/baking paper. In a small bowl lightly beat one egg and a tablespoon of milk.
- In a large bowl sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into chunks and with your fingertips rub it into the flour mixture until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the milk, one egg and vanilla and stir until combined - it should be thick, sticky and lumpy.
- Place the mixture on a floured surface and knead gently until a dough is formed.
- Roll the dough out until it is about ½ an inch thick then cut out biscuits with a medium round cookie cutter and remove the centre with a small round cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking tray and brush the tops with the beaten egg and milk mixture. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Thomas’s Biscuit is rather important to myself and everyone else who was involved with our play through of Deadly Premonition. When defeating the final boss we got bashed and battered around a bit and we almost couldn’t finish it for a lack of health and then we remembered. We had Thomas’ Biscuit and we ate it and it was good and it saved Greenvale. Straight from the oven I enjoyed these with a fresh cup of coffee (obviously) and a little butter and jam. They were so delicious. There’s scope here to add spices or fruits or whatever you’d like and use this recipe as a base, but it’s true what Francis York Morgan said about the balance and taste. Perfectly delicious in everyway and a new personal favourite. Once they’ve cooled I think they’d be pretty good with the traditional American serving of gravy. Maybe these are what the Raincoat Killer was chasing you for all that time? I wouldn’t blame him.
CHANTAL. CHANTAL WE GOTTA MAKE THESE NEXT TIME WE GO TO LEE’S. XD
More Adventures of James Vega, Cool Bro and Space Marine
You seriously make my freakin’ DAY with these. I laugh so hard at all of them. Thank you for blessing us with hilarious James Vega crayon drawings. XD
The Adventures of James Vega, Rad Dude and Space Marine
The idea for this came from SA poster RaspberryCommie, and a couple of the ideas were contributed by SAers too! This is more Mass Effect silliness but the idea was too cute not to do, plus I like crayons a lot.
Mass Effect 3 Spoilers, obviously
Has there ever been a thing created that was more magnificent than this? No.
via ifeelthecosmos: Red and White Cloak (Journey mocktail and cocktail)
Yogurt base (makes enough for 2 drinks)
- 4oz plain yogurt
- 4oz whole milk
- 8 oz Almond Water*
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp Honey
Whisk all ingredients together. *Almond water may be substituted for sweetened almond milk, or soda water with an ounce of orgeat syrup.
Red Cloak (Journey mocktail)
- 8oz Yogurt Base
- 1 1/2oz Pomegranate Syrup
- 2-3 drops rose water
White Cloak (Journey cocktail)
- 8oz Yogurt Base
- 1 1/2oz Arak, or similar anise spirit
- 2-3 drops rose water
Directions: Shake with ice, pour into a highball glass filled with crushed ice and add rose water. To make pomegranate syrup, combine equal parts pomegranate juice and sugar.
Note from the creator: “Much like Journey itself, the premise of these yogurt based cocktails may sound a little odd at first, but in the end you’ll hopefully find them delightful and refreshing.”
DRUNKEN MOOGLE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
Page 1 of 3